What do I need to open an account with Bank5 Connect?
There are several things you will need to refer to – and provide - during the account opening process:
- You’ll be asked for your U.S. Social Security number and valid form of identification including: Driver's license, State ID, Military ID or Passport
- You will also need to provide personal information, including your date of birth, and former mailing address(es).
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien and do not have this information, we will be unable to enroll you online. Please contact us for assistance.
Is my online application secure?
- Bank5 Connect uses encryption for online security. Encryption technology helps provide secure transmission of information along the Internet by encoding the transmitted data using a mathematical formula to scramble the data. Without a corresponding "decoder," the transmission would look like nonsense text and would be unusable.
- Encryption technology can be used for a host of applications, including electronic commerce (sending credit card numbers for orders or transmitting account information), e-mail messages and sensitive documents.
- Encryption is utilized with the transmission of data from one party to another. The sender encodes the data by scrambling it and then sends it on. The receiver must decode the data with the correct "decoder" in order to read and use it. The effectiveness (or level of security) for encryption is measured in terms of how long the key is - the longer the key, the longer it would take for someone without the correct "decoder" to break the code. The length of the key is measured in bits (e.g., 40-bit encryption, the level of encryption used with many ordinary browsers, versus 128-bit encryption, the level of encryption required to use this application).
What information do I need to open a joint account?
You’ll need the same information that’s required when opening an individual account—but you’ll need it for both applicants. For details, select "What do I need to open an account with Bank5 Connect?" above.
Why is personal information required to open an account online?
Your application is processed subject to our ability to verify your identity. (For more information, select "What do I need to open an account with Bank5 Connect?" above.)
Is a minimum deposit required to open an account online?
Please refer to our account selection page for product minimums.
Are there funding limits for accounts?
The funding limit for the Connect Checking and Connect Savings account is $10,000 per account. CDs have a funding limit of $500,000 per account. The limit for credit card funding is $100.
When is the opening deposit processed?
ACH transfers from your existing account at another financial institution to your new account will occur on the third business day. If you currently are a Bank5 Connect customer and are transferring money from an existing account with us, the transfer will occur on the next business day.
Can I change the information on my account application?
You have the option to edit your account information prior to submitting the information to Bank5 Connect. Simply select the Edit button above the grouping of information you would like to change, and you will be permitted to change your input.